HIV, Infectious Disease, and Global Medicine, Infectious Diseases
Fellowship, 2007 - Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Francisco
2006 - Advance Training in Clinical Research, University of California, San Francisco
2003 - Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
2002 - Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
MD, 1999 - Medicine, Harvard Medical School
AB, 1994 - American Studies, Stanford University
- Remdesivir for the Treatment of Covid-19 - Preliminary Report.
- Impact of a digital medicine programme on hepatitis C treatment adherence and efficacy in adults at high risk for non-adherence.
- Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir for 8 Weeks to Treat Acute Hepatitis C Virus Infections in Men With Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infections: Sofosbuvir-Containing Regimens Without Interferon for Treatment of Acute HCV in HIV-1 Infected Individuals.
- A pilot metabolomics study of tuberculosis immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome.
- Localized US Efforts to Eliminate Hepatitis C.
- Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir for treatment of hepatitis C virus in sofosbuvir-experienced, NS5A treatment-naïve patients: Findings from two randomized trials.
- Grazoprevir, ruzasvir, and uprifosbuvir for hepatitis C virus after NS5A treatment failure.
- Disabling Dactylitis and Tenosynovitis Due to Mycobacterium haemophilum in a Patient With Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.
- Impact of Larger Sputum Volume on Xpert® MTB/RIF Assay Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Smear-Negative Individuals with Suspected Tuberculosis.
- Safety and Efficacy of Ombitasvir, Paritaprevir With Ritonavir ± Dasabuvir With or Without Ribavirin in Patients With Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1 and Hepatitis C Virus Genotype 1 or Genotype 4 Coinfection: TURQUOISE-I Part 2.
- Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir for the Treatment of Hepatitis C Virus in Patients Coinfected With Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1: An Open-Label, Phase 3 Study.
- Understanding Hepatitis C Virus Drug Resistance: Clinical Implications for Current and Future Regimens.
- CROI 2017: Highlights of Advances in Viral Hepatitis and Liver Fibrosis.
- Safety and Efficacy of Pegylated Interferon Lambda, Ribavirin, and Daclatasvir in HCV and HIV-Coinfected Patients.
- Elbasvir-Grazoprevir to Treat Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Persons Receiving Opioid Agonist Therapy: A Randomized Trial.
- Tuberculosis Therapy Modifies the Cytokine Profile, Maturation State, and Expression of Inhibitory Molecules on Mycobacterium tuberculosis-Specific CD4+ T-Cells.
- A survey of tuberculosis infection control practices at the NIH/NIAID/DAIDS-supported clinical trial sites in low and middle income countries.
- CROI 2016: Viral Hepatitis and Liver Fibrosis.
- Tuberculosis Infection in Early Childhood and the Association with HIV-exposure in HIV-uninfected Children in Rural Uganda.
- 12 Weeks of Daclatasvir in Combination With Sofosbuvir for HIV-HCV Coinfection (ALLY-2 Study): Efficacy and Safety by HIV Combination Antiretroviral Regimens.
- Evaluation of Xpert MTB/RIF Versus AFB Smear and Culture to Identify Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Patients With Suspected Tuberculosis From Low and Higher Prevalence Settings.
- The Safety and Immunogenicity of an Interleukin-12-Enhanced Multiantigen DNA Vaccine Delivered by Electroporation for the Treatment of HIV-1 Infection.
- Daclatasvir plus Sofosbuvir for HCV in Patients Coinfected with HIV-1.
- Ledipasvir and Sofosbuvir for HCV in Patients Coinfected with HIV-1.
- Bartonella quintana Aortitis in a Man with AIDS, Diagnosed by Needle Biopsy and 16S rRNA Gene Amplification.
- CROI 2015: Highlights of Viral Hepatitis Therapy.
- Combined effect of CYP2B6 and NAT2 genotype on plasma efavirenz exposure during rifampin-based antituberculosis therapy in the STRIDE study.
- Sofosbuvir and ribavirin for hepatitis C in patients with HIV coinfection.
- Phase I safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacogenetics study of the antituberculosis drug PA-824 with concomitant lopinavir-ritonavir, efavirenz, or rifampin.
- CROI 2014: Viral hepatitis and complications of HIV disease and antiretroviral therapy.
- HIV-associated central nervous system tuberculosis.
- Tuberculosis immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in A5221 STRIDE: timing, severity, and implications for HIV-TB programs.
- Pilot study of pioglitazone before HCV retreatment in HIV/HCV genotype 1-infected subjects with insulin resistance and previous nonresponse to peginterferon and ribavirin therapy: A5239.
- Evaluation of two line probe assays for rapid detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, tuberculosis (TB) drug resistance, and non-TB Mycobacteria in HIV-infected individuals with suspected TB.
- Addition of nitazoxanide to PEG-IFN and ribavirin to improve HCV treatment response in HIV-1 and HCV genotype 1 coinfected persons naïve to HCV therapy: results of the ACTG A5269 trial.
- Household ventilation and tuberculosis transmission in Kampala, Uganda.
- Relationship between weight, efavirenz exposure, and virologic suppression in HIV-infected patients on rifampin-based tuberculosis treatment in the AIDS Clinical Trials Group A5221 STRIDE Study.
- CROI 2013: Complications of HIV disease, viral hepatitis, and antiretroviral therapy.
- Complications of HIV disease and antiretroviral therapy.
- Resistance patterns and response to entecavir intensification among HIV-HBV-coinfected adults with persistent HBV viremia.
- Timing of antiretroviral therapy for HIV-1 infection and tuberculosis.
- CDC/NIH Workshop. Tuberculosis biomarker and surrogate endpoint research roadmap.
- Tuberculosis drug development: ensuring people living with HIV are not left behind.
- Complications of HIV disease and antiretroviral therapy.
- Current issues in the diagnosis and management of tuberculosis and HIV coinfection in the United States.
- Significant variation in presentation of pulmonary tuberculosis across a high resolution of CD4 strata.
- Tuberculosis as part of the natural history of HIV infection in developing countries.
- Complications of HIV disease and antiretroviral treatment.
- Comparison of an interferon-gamma release assay with tuberculin skin testing in HIV-infected individuals.
- Antiretroviral therapy and TB.
- Clinical presentation and course of acute hepatitis C infection in HIV-infected patients.
- Willing and able? Provision of medication for abortion by future internists.