Claire Horton, MD, MPH
General Internal Medicine UCSF Health
Residency, 2001 - School of Medicine - Primary Care, University of California, San Francisco
MD, 1997 - Medicine, Duke University
MPH, 1996 - Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina
BA, 1992 - History, Duke University
Honors and Awards
- UCSF Academy of Medical Educators' Innovations in Education Award, UCSF, 2015
- San Francisco General Hospital Rick Haber Excellence in Teaching Award, San Francisco General Hospital, 2011
- Excellence in Teaching Award, UCSF Academy of Medical Educators, 2011
- California Health Care Foundation Health Leadership Fellowship, UCSF Healthforce Center, 2006-2009
- Feasibility of a Video-Based Advance Care Planning Website to Facilitate Group Visits among Diverse Adults from a Safety-Net Health System.
- "Choosing wisely" in an academic department of medicine.
- Interval examination: building primary care teams in an urban academic teaching clinic.
- Points for improvement: performance measurement for glycemic control in diabetes patients in a safety-net population.
- The bridge clinic.
- Signal and noise: applying a laboratory trigger tool to identify adverse drug events among primary care patients.
- Patient Follow-up in an Urban Resident Continuity Clinic: An Initiative to Improve Scheduling Practices.
- Simian immunodeficiency virus disease course is predicted by the extent of virus replication during primary infection.