Lillian Brown, MD, PhD
Assistant Adjunct Professor
HIV, Infectious Disease, and Global Medicine
Residency, 2014 - Medicine, University of California San Francisco
Internship, 2013 - Medicine, University of California San Francisco
M.D., 2012 - School of Medicine, University of North Carolina
PhD, 2010 - School of Public Health, Epidemiology, University of North Carolina
BA, 2001 - Biology, Harvard University
Fellowship, - Infectious Diseases, University of California San Francisco
- A patient-centered multi-component strategy for accelerated linkage to care following community-wide HIV testing in rural Uganda and Kenya.
- "Hurdles on the path to 90-90-90 and beyond": Qualitative analysis of barriers to engagement in HIV care among individuals in rural East Africa in the context of test-and-treat.
- Costs of streamlined HIV care delivery in rural Ugandan and Kenyan clinics in the search study.
- Predictors of Retention in HIV Care Among Youth (15-24) in a Universal Test-and-Treat Setting in Rural Kenya.
- High levels of retention in care with streamlined care and universal test and treat in East Africa.
- Antimicrobial Resistance: A Call to Action!
- Maximizing HIV partner notification opportunities for index patients and their sexual partners in Malawi.
- The feasibility of an intensive case management program for injection drug users on antiretroviral therapy in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Cost-effectiveness of provider-based HIV partner notification in urban Malawi.
- Predicting partner HIV testing and counseling following a partner notification intervention.
- Detection of acute HIV infection: a field evaluation of the determine® HIV-1/2 Ag/Ab combo test.
- HIV partner notification is effective and feasible in sub-Saharan Africa: opportunities for HIV treatment and prevention.
- Viewpoint: Gentamicin for treatment of gonococcal urethritis in Malawi.
- Accelerating worldwide syphilis screening through rapid testing: a systematic review.
- Second-line treatment in the Malawi antiretroviral programme: high early mortality, but good outcomes in survivors, despite extensive drug resistance at baseline.
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae antimicrobial susceptibility in Lilongwe, Malawi, 2007.
- Epidemiology of injuries at a tertiary care center in Malawi.
- Diagnosis of antiretroviral therapy failure in Malawi: poor performance of clinical and immunological WHO criteria.
- Morbidity and mortality among a cohort of human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected and uninfected pregnant women and their infants from Malawi, Zambia, and Tanzania.
- Genetic and environmental influences on bone mineral density in pre- and post-menopausal women.
- Assessment of sex-specific genetic and environmental effects on bone mineral density.