Anna Chang, MD
533 Parnassus Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94117
Dr. Anna Chang is Professor of Medicine in the UCSF Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine. She is an educator, a clinician, and a leader. She is board certified in Geriatric Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
Dr. Chang directs the UCSF School of Medicine Bridges Curriculum Clinical Microsystems Clerkship, the integrated clinical skills and health systems curriculum for all first and second year medical students. She is Associate Chief for Education in the Division of Geriatrics, and Associate Director for Education and Leadership for Tideswell at UCSF, including the Emerging Leaders in Aging National Scholars Program. Dr. Chang is the Gold-Headed Cane Endowed Education Chair in Internal Medicine, and commits her effort to mentorship. Nationally, she is active in the National Board of Medical Examiners, and the American Geriatric Society.
Related Web Sites
In the News
Recent Articles (18)
- Gonzalo JD, Lucey C, Wolpaw T, Chang A. Value-Added Clinical Systems Learning Roles for Medical Students That Transform Education and Health: A Guide for Building Partnerships Between Medical Schools and Health Systems. Acad Med. 2016 Aug 30.
- Chang A, Ritchie C. Patient-Centered Models of Care: Closing the Gaps in Physician Readiness. J Gen Intern Med. 2015 Jul; 30(7):870-2.
- Adler SR, Chang A, Loeser H, Cooke M, Wang J, Teherani A. The impact of intramural grants on educators' careers and on medical education innovation. Acad Med. 2015 Jun; 90(6):827-31.
- Gillespie SM, Brandt LE, Chang A, Chao SH, Corcoran AM, Miller R, Harper GM, Levine SA, Medina-Walpole A. Staying in the game: the 10-step approach to sustaining geriatrics education in hospitalists and subspecialty providers. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014 Aug; 62(8):1575-82.
- Chang A, Fernandez H, Cayea D, Chheda S, Paniagua M, Eckstrom E, Day H. Complexity in graduate medical education: a collaborative education agenda for internal medicine and geriatric medicine. J Gen Intern Med. 2014 Jun; 29(6):940-6.
- Chou CL, Masters DE, Chang A, Kruidering M, Hauer KE. Effects of longitudinal small-group learning on delivery and receipt of communication skills feedback. Med Educ. 2013 Nov; 47(11):1073-9.
- Mookherjee S, Chang A, Boscardin CK, Hauer KE. How to develop a competency-based examination blueprint for longitudinal standardized patient clinical skills assessments. Med Teach. 2013 Nov; 35(11):883-90.
- Ciccarone D, Yu T, Nye H, Chang A. A technology-enhanced medical note-writing workshop. Med Educ. 2012 Nov; 46(11):1121-2.
- Chang A, Bowen JL, Buranosky RA, Frankel RM, Ghosh N, Rosenblum MJ, Thompson S, Green ML. Transforming primary care training--patient-centered medical home entrustable professional activities for internal medicine residents. J Gen Intern Med. 2013 Jun; 28(6):801-9.
- Hauer KE, Carney PA, Chang A, Satterfield J. Behavior change counseling curricula for medical trainees: a systematic review. Acad Med. 2012 Jul; 87(7):956-68.
- Lee CA, Chang A, Chou CL, Boscardin C, Hauer KE. Standardized patient-narrated web-based learning modules improve students' communication skills on a high-stakes clinical skills examination. J Gen Intern Med. 2011 Nov; 26(11):1374-7.
- Kelly A, Conell-Price J, Covinsky K, Cenzer IS, Chang A, Boscardin WJ, Smith AK. Length of stay for older adults residing in nursing homes at the end of life. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2010 Sep; 58(9):1701-6.
- Chang A, Walter LC. Recognizing dementia as a terminal illness in nursing home residents: Comment on "Survival and comfort after treatment of pneumonia in advanced dementia". Arch Intern Med. 2010 Jul 12; 170(13):1107-9.
- Widera E, Chang A, Chen HL. Presenteeism: a public health hazard. J Gen Intern Med. 2010 Nov; 25(11):1244-7.
- Mehta KM, Fung KZ, Kistler CE, Chang A, Walter LC. Impact of cognitive impairment on screening mammography use in older US women. Am J Public Health. 2010 Oct; 100(10):1917-23.
- Chang A, Boscardin C, Chou CL, Loeser H, Hauer KE. Predicting failing performance on a standardized patient clinical performance examination: the importance of communication and professionalism skills deficits. Acad Med. 2009 Oct; 84(10 Suppl):S101-4.
- Chang A, Chou CL, Hauer KE. Clinical skills remedial training for medical students. Med Educ. 2008 Nov; 42(11):1118-9.
- Chou CL, Chang A, Hauer KE. Remediation workshop for medical students in patient-doctor interaction skills. Med Educ. 2008 May; 42(5):537.