Mitchell Lunn, MD, MAS
533 Parnassus Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94117
Awards and Honors
Fellow of American Society of Nephrology, American Society of Nephrology, 2017
Chancellor's Award for GLBT Leadership, University of California, San Francisco, 2015
Related Web Sites
In the News
- First long-term health study of LGBTQ underway in U.S. (Jun 23, 2017)
- Doctor and Patient: Medical Schools Neglect Gay and Gender Issues (Nov 10, 2011)
- Medical Schools Offer Little Training on Caring for LGBT Patients (Sep 06, 2011)
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered health issues not being taught at medical schools, study finds (Sep 06, 2011)
- Changing Times for LGBT Population Affect Medical Schools and Teaching Hospitals (Feb 01, 2011)
- UCSF to Use Apple’s ResearchKit for LGBT Health Study
Recent Articles (23)
- Lunn MR, Cui W, Zack MM, Thompson WW, Blank MB, Yehia BR. Sociodemographic Characteristics and Health Outcomes Among Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual U.S. Adults Using Healthy People 2020 Leading Health Indicators. LGBT Health. 2017 Aug; 4(4):283-294.
- Lunn MR, Obedin-Maliver J, Bibbins-Domingo K. Estimating the Prevalence of Sexual Minority Adolescents. JAMA. 2017 04 25; 317(16):1691-1692.
- Eckstrand KL, Lunn MR, Yehia BR. Applying Organizational Change to Promote Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Inclusion and Reduce Health Disparities. LGBT Health. 2017 Jun; 4(3):174-180.
- Mansh M, Garcia G, Lunn MR. From patients to providers: changing the culture in medicine toward sexual and gender minorities. Acad Med. 2015 May; 90(5):574-80.
- Mansh M, White W, Gee-Tong L, Lunn MR, Obedin-Maliver J, Stewart L, Goldsmith E, Brenman S, Tran E, Wells M, Fetterman D, Garcia G. Sexual and gender minority identity disclosure during undergraduate medical education: "in the closet" in medical school. Acad Med. 2015 May; 90(5):634-44.
- Goldstein MJ, Lunn MR, Peng L. What makes a top research medical school? A call for a new model to evaluate academic physicians and medical school performance. Acad Med. 2015 May; 90(5):603-8.
- Lunn MR, Obedin-Maliver J, Hsu CY. Increasing incidence of acute kidney injury: also a problem in pregnancy? Am J Kidney Dis. 2015 May; 65(5):650-4.
- White W, Brenman S, Paradis E, Goldsmith ES, Lunn MR, Obedin-Maliver J, Stewart L, Tran E, Wells M, Chamberlain LJ, Fetterman DM, Garcia G. Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Patient Care: Medical Students' Preparedness and Comfort. Teach Learn Med. 2015; 27(3):254-63.
- Sánchez NF, Sánchez JP, Lunn MR, Yehia BR, Callahan EJ. First Annual LGBT Health Workforce Conference: Empowering Our Health Workforce to Better Serve LGBT Communities. LGBT Health. 2014 Mar; 1(1):62-5.
- Montoya JG, Kogelnik AM, Bhangoo M, Lunn MR, Flamand L, Merrihew LE, Watt T, Kubo JT, Paik J, Desai M. Randomized clinical trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of valganciclovir in a subset of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. J Med Virol. 2013 Dec; 85(12):2101-9.
- Awosogba T, Betancourt JR, Conyers FG, Estapé ES, Francois F, Gard SJ, Kaufman A, Lunn MR, Nivet MA, Oppenheim JD, Pomeroy C, Yeung H. Prioritizing health disparities in medical education to improve care. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2013 May; 1287:17-30.
- Coleman E, Elders J, Satcher D, Shindel A, Parish S, Kenagy G, Bayer CR, Knudson G, Kingsberg S, Clayton A, Lunn MR, Goldsmith E, Tsai P, Light A. Summit on medical school education in sexual health: report of an expert consultation. J Sex Med. 2013 Apr; 10(4):924-38.
- Letso RR, Bauer AJ, Lunn MR, Yang WS, Stockwell BR. Small molecule screen reveals regulation of survival motor neuron protein abundance by Ras proteins. ACS Chem Biol. 2013 May 17; 8(5):914-22.
- Watt T, Oberfoell S, Balise R, Lunn MR, Kar AK, Merrihew L, Bhangoo MS, Montoya JG. Response to valganciclovir in chronic fatigue syndrome patients with human herpesvirus 6 and Epstein-Barr virus IgG antibody titers. J Med Virol. 2012 Dec; 84(12):1967-74.
- Montoya JG, Neely MN, Gupta S, Lunn MR, Loomis KS, Pritchett JC, Polsky B, Medveczky PG. Antiviral therapy of two patients with chromosomally-integrated human herpesvirus-6A presenting with cognitive dysfunction. J Clin Virol. 2012 Sep; 55(1):40-5.
- Lunn MR, Sánchez JP. Prioritizing health disparities in medical education to improve care. Acad Med. 2011 Nov; 86(11):1343.
- Obedin-Maliver J, Goldsmith ES, Stewart L, White W, Tran E, Brenman S, Wells M, Fetterman DM, Garcia G, Lunn MR. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender-related content in undergraduate medical education. JAMA. 2011 Sep 07; 306(9):971-7.
- Lunn MR, Muñoz Mendoza J, Pasche LJ, Norton JA, Ayco AL, Chertow GM. Hyperparathyroidism with hypercalcaemia in chronic kidney disease: primary or tertiary? NDT Plus. 2010 Aug; 3(4):366-71.
- Wang CH, Lunn MR. Spinal muscular atrophy: advances in research and consensus on care of patients. Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2008 Nov; 10(6):420-8.
- Lunn MR, Wang CH. Spinal muscular atrophy. Lancet. 2008 Jun 21; 371(9630):2120-33.
- Lunn MR, Stockwell BR. Chemical genetics and orphan genetic diseases. Chem Biol. 2005 Oct; 12(10):1063-73.
- Kelley BP, Lunn MR, Root DE, Flaherty SP, Martino AM, Stockwell BR. A flexible data analysis tool for chemical genetic screens. Chem Biol. 2004 Nov; 11(11):1495-503.
- Lunn MR, Root DE, Martino AM, Flaherty SP, Kelley BP, Coovert DD, Burghes AH, Man NT, Morris GE, Zhou J, Androphy EJ, Sumner CJ, Stockwell BR. Indoprofen upregulates the survival motor neuron protein through a cyclooxygenase-independent mechanism. Chem Biol. 2004 Nov; 11(11):1489-93.