The Department of Medicine defines a clinical research coordinator (CRC) as any staff employee who is responsible for the daily coordination and/or management of activities to successfully conduct a clinical trial of an investigational new drug and/or device or of an FDA-approved drug and/or device.
The Department is committed to providing training and resources to our CRCs as well as CRCs from other departments who manage clinical trials lead by a Medicine faculty member. Our training emphasizes policy compliance and procedures and fiscal management of clinical trials.
The Department encourages its CRCs to identify training needs, areas requiring policy interpretation, and insufficient system infrastructure for the successful conduct of clinical trials. These areas are addressed by the Department to ensure that our CRCs have the resources to meet their objectives.
As of May 1st, 2008, the Department of Medicine will no longer hold monthly CRC meetings. Policy and procedure updates will be disseminated to CRCs via the CRC listserve, and ad hoc meetings addressing special or urgent issues will be coordinated as needed or requested.
- DOM CRC Handbook (PDF)
- DOM CRC Training Slides (PDF)
- UCSF Medical Center Procedures for Set-up and Investigational Devices (DOC)
- Protocol Feasibility Checklist (PDF)
- Industry Sponsored Clinical Trial Budget Checklist (PDF)
- CHR Expedited Review Checklist (PDF)
- CHR Full Review Checklist (PDF)
- Clinical Trial Revenue Tracking Workbook (XLS)
- IDS Fee Schedule Pharmacy Services to Protocols (PDF)
Archived CRC Meeting Minutes
CRC Meeting Minutes are all PDF files.
|January 22, 2008|
|October 30, 2007|
|September 25, 2007|
|August 28, 2007|
|July 31, 2007|
|May 29, 2007|
|March 27, 2007|
|February 27, 2007|