Exceptional Approval Expenditures

The following categories require exceptional approval from the SOM Dean's Office, Office of Resource Stewardship. The Dean's Office requires departmental review before they will agree to approve. To do so, please send the request after it has been reviewed by the division administrator to the Controller who will review, authorize, and forward to the Dean's Office. The Dean's Office will send the request directly to Accounts Payable (A/P) after approving.

  • Entertainment that exceeds the University's meal limits up to 200% (those that exceed 200% of the limit require the Chancellor's approval)
  • Entertainment for retirement functions
  • Staff morale building events