Things to Do at Least 6 Weeks Before Start Date
Upon receipt of your EIN or provider ID, log into the UC Learning Center to complete the following training requirements.
- Online APeX Training Module - APeX is electronic medical record at UCSF.
- Click on the APeX tab Inpatient/ED/PUC from the homepage → Click Provider/NP & PA/Fellow/Resident/Medical Student → Inpatient Only
You will be asked if you are a Fellow:
- If yes, follow the plan for Fellow → Click Inpatient Fellows & Residents
- If no, follow the plan for Providers → Click Inpatient Provider
Classroom training is only required if you do not pass the online modules: Register for an instructor-led course, which requires in-person attendance. Online courses must be completed prior to classroom training.
Other training modules in the Campus tab to be completed:
- Patient Safety & Quality of Care: Central Venous Catheter Insertion Practice (if you've requested this privilege)
- Physician and Allied Health: AIDET SMiLe
- Safety Training, Infection Control, and Restraints
- UC Cyber Security Awareness
- 2014 Privacy and Security Briefing
- For New Employees - please also complete:
*HIPAA 101 - Privacy and Security for New UCSF Faculty, Staff, Trainees, Students, and Volunteers
MyAccess - UCSF's single-sign on service that enables you to access a variety of applications via a common user ID and password. Once you sign in to MyAccess, you will be able to browse and link to a broad list of UCSF applications, including Advance which is an online tool for academic appointments and advancements. Request MyAccess.
Physician Time Study: California Department of Health Services - All UCSF Physicians are required to complete time studies in order for the clinical departments to receive Medi-Cal SPA reimbursement under the State Plan Amendment 05-023 & Medi-Cal Hospital/Uninsured Care Demonstration (No. 11-W-00193-9) project. As part of national Medicaid reform, these funds help bridge the gap between the reimbursement paid by the state for Medi-Cal patients and the actual cost of providing care to this population. In order to participate in this program, all UCSF physicians who report time are required to complete a brief training course before completing the time study form. Search for "time study" when you log into the UC Learning Center. For your reference, read the FAQs.
ID badge - Please send your contact person your preferred name for your badge. Your contact person will let you know when you can request an appointment with WeID online at http://police.ucsf.edu or by phone at 476-2088. WeID is located at 500 Parnassus Avenue, P-7, Room MU-18.
*Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)